The JKDAC32 has the following characteristics:
- It's a modified I2S Hiface capable of true 32/192 end-to-end operation .i.e a 32/192 stream is used internally between the USB input & the 32/192 DAC
- integrated with a 32/192 DAC (for those that prefer something other than the sound of an ESS DAC chip)
- operates exclusively from internal LiFePo4 (Lithium Nano Phosphate) battery
- completely portable - will run for >12 hours from fully charged battery
- USB input - standard USB type B input socket
- RCA analogue outs
- Outputs standard 2.1V RMS (line level) for driving preamplifier or amplifier
- internal battery charger - requires user supplied 5V DC supply
- Can be charged from the computer using a spare USB port using supplied USB charging cable
- aluminium enclosure
- The asynchronous USB input handles 32bit 192KHz sampling natively & this signal is communicated via I2S to the 32/192 DAC
without any upsampling. All of which future proofs the DAC.
- The DAC uses a minimum phase, low latency digital interpolation IIR filter which eliminates pre-echo of the signal endemic to other digital filters.
- The result of this is a realistic sound closer to NOS DACs. By avoiding pre-ringing a more detailed, dynamic & natural sound is produced.
- The unbalanced 2.1V analogue outputs are directly DC coupled to the RCA connectors, no capacitors, no low pass filter or active components in the signal path.
- Size: 78x43x120mm (w x h x d, case)
- Weight: 420g
- Two low jitter clocks to handle both speed families
- Sampling frequencies (kHz): 44.1, 48, 88.2, 96, 176.4, 192
- Resolution (bits): 16 to 32
- Inputs: USB 2.0 Type B socket, (2.1mm socket for battery charger power supply)
- Outputs: single-ended line level on RCA
- Output voltage: 2.1Vrms
- SNR: 112dB (A weighted)
- THD+N: 0.002 (-93dB) @ 1kHz, (@ -1dBFS)